It is a well-known fact that a healthy diet and regular exercise like working out on treadmill, etc. cannot be less stressed upon in order to accrue life-long benefits of good health. At the same time we all know that the road to achieving that perfect body weight and hour-glass figure is a long and time consuming one and quite often we tend to give up because we don’t see quick results. But what if you’re told that there is a certain product that can be an add-on to help you achieve your goal faster? A product that can not only help you to lose that extra flab but also has a host of other health benefits. Apple Cider Vinegar is considered as one of the best natural weight loss supplement.
Well Apple Cider Vinegar or ACV as it is usually known is, that product, which when added to your diet can show some amazing results. This wondrous product has been considered beneficial for weight loss since a long time. It may not be a magic solution, but this ancient ingredient can certainly contribute to your battle of the bulge. However, it is important to note that consuming ACV is considered and recommended along with a healthy diet for breakfast and other meals as well.
History tells us that fermenting apple juice into vinegar started much before 5000 BC and was recognized for its innumerable benefits. Since ages, apple cider vinegar has been used to aid in detoxification of the liver, stimulate circulation, to improve the immune system and to purify blood. It is said that Hippocrates often prescribed it along with honey to cure cough and cold.
What is ACV?
ACV is hailed by many people as best natural weight loss supplement. It is made like other fermented drinks for example, wine, kombucha, kefir etc. It is made by combining active yeast with sugar, but in this case the natural sugar from crushed apples is used. This combination leads to the growth of healthy bacteria, which leads to fermentation. The completion of the fermentation process results in the formation of acetic acid, the main beneficial compound of ACV. It may appear murky or have strands of yeast in it. Do not worry as this indicates that the cider is of good quality. In fact, it is preferred over clear looking ACVs. These strands of yeast contain the bacteria that after entering your body provides various health benefits.
What is the Mother in the Apple Cider Vinegar?
You may have come across the word ‘Mother’ on the label of the ACV bottle and must be wondering what exactly that is. This is actually the strands of proteins, enzymes and friendly bacteria that give the product a murky, cloudy appearance. This is the ‘Mother’ probiotic that is so beneficial to health. So, go for that organic, unfiltered and unpasteurized apple cider vinegar.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar:
Like Green Coffee, ACV also offers many benefits. Organic, raw apple cider vinegar is considered among the top natural health remedies of today. The powerful healing compounds like acetic acid, potassium, magnesium, probiotics and enzymes have innumerable benefits. Acetic acid kills the ‘bad’ bacteria and helps in the growth of ‘good’ bacteria. By killing the bad bacteria, it acts as a natural antibiotic without any side effects.
- Accelerates weight loss: According to a study published in the Journal of Diabetes Care consuming apple cider vinegar could lead to weight loss and combat obesity.One of the reasons could be that ACV reduces sugar cravings and improves detoxification. Bioscience, Biotechnology and Biochemistry published a study that showed that participants who consumed ACV for 12 weeks managed to lose significant weight as well as abdominal fat and waist circumference. This is, therefore, a part of a weight management program without exercise. Weight Scientists also say that it interferes with the body’s digestion of starch, so fewer calories enter your body. Acetic acid found in apple cider vinegar suppresses your appetite and reduces water retention. This prevents weight gain and holding too much water weight. The acid also improves metabolism which simplifies the act of burning calories consumed during the day. This is why ACV is called by many as best natural weight loss supplement.
- Regulates Blood Sugar levels: ACV, being extremely low in calories and sugar, (contains about 3 calories per tablespoon) has numerous benefits on blood sugar levels. A study at the Arizona State University claims that insulin resistant people who drank a mixture of ACV and water before eating a high carbohydrate meal had lower sugar levels afterwards. According to scientists it is due to the anti-glycemic effect of the acetic acid.
- Detoxes the Body and Treats Heartburn: Another reason why ACB is called as one of the best natural weight loss supplement is it detoxes the body and treats heartburn.Unfiltered ACV is essentially a tonic for the liver that detoxes the body. Although you may think that raw, organic ACV is acidic, when consumed it turns alkaline. It balances the body’s pH and stimulates cardiovascular activities and bowel movement. Since it balances the pH and provides the stomach with healthy probiotics and enzymes, acid reflux and heart burn are taken care of. Just mix 1 tablespoon of ACV in a cup of water and drink it five minutes before meals to relieve your heartburn and acid reflux.
- Lowers Blood Pressure and Cholesterol: Studies show that consuming ACV lowered triglycerides and blood pressure considerably. According to a study printed in Medscape General Medicine drinking ACV can help increase your HDL (good cholesterol) thereby promoting a healthy heart.
- Helps stomach problems: Thanks to its antibiotic properties it helps contain the problem of diarrhea if it is due to bacterial infection.
- Boosts energy levels: Sometimes exercise and extreme stress lead to building up of lactic acid in the body causing fatigue, but the amino acids in the apple cider vinegar act as an antidote. It also contains potassium and enzymes that may relive you of your exhaustion. Add a tablespoon to a glass of vegetable juice or water and see the effect.
- Prevents osteoporosis: Since ACV helps in better absorption of calcium drinking it can reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
Many people do not like the taste of ACV but that can be worked upon.
Mix it with honey and water or mix it in juice. You can even make ACV tea. Simply combine a cup of water, a dash of cinnamon or cardamom, 1 teaspoon of honey and 2 teaspoons of ACV and bring it to a boil. Cool it and enjoy the tea.
This best natural weight loss supplement can be used in your cooking, for salad dressings, breakfast foods as well. If you consume it diluted with water make sure you do not exceed the recommended dose. Common dosages range from 1-2 teaspoons to 1-2 tablespoons. Exceeding the recommended dosage may have harmful side effects.
Just make sure that you never consume it RAW as it can burn your esophagus.
Besides the health benefits, ACV has a lot of beauty benefits too. It is good for the hair, an effective toner, fades age spots, relieves sun burn and itching due to bug bites.
So, what are you waiting for? Go get one of the best natural weight loss supplement today. Choose your pick from below:-